Rosemary's Baby

Wednesday, November 20, 2013











Until this Halloween I'd never seen Rosemary's Baby. I'd always had the idea that it was a Really Scary movie, so I avoided it, assuming I wasn't emotionally strong enough to handle it. Talking to my mom recently, it turned out that this preconception was inherited from her, who had watched it as a young girl and was found it terrifying. And while I can see how that would be the case, if you are over the age of 12, it's likely not going to give you nightmares. After about an hour of waiting for the scary part to come, I realized that it wasn't going to. I actually really loved it, dark bits included, since it balanced out the sweetness of Mia Farrow's character so well. I couldn't get over the aesthetic, and drove Mark crazy taking a billion screen caps through the film. Highlights include: the indoor herb garden in the old apartment, her bob!, all that plaid, the adorable maternity baby doll dresses, the pixie cut!, the old book about witches, and their bed with the striped sheets and brick and plank shelf/headboard combo (it was hard to get a good shot of this, but you can just make it out). Definitely recommended if you are up for a non-scary, scary movie. Does anyone else have any good movie recommendations? All I want to do these days is curl up with an old movie and knit.

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to come here and read some movie recommendations because I need some as well! All I want to do is cook something easy after coming home from work and putting on a flick, but I'm having trouble finding anything I want to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I've been exactly the same! I'm been watching a lot more tv lately, just because there are so many good series. But I'm also still slowly working my way through the AFI's best films of all time, because you can't really go wrong with any of them. Let me know if you find anything good!

      http://www.afi.com/100years/movies.aspx

      Delete

Fint & Dejlig All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger